ANNELY JUDA FINE ART
Annely Juda (1914 – 2006) established the Molton Gallery (1960 – 1963) and then the Hamilton Galleries (1963 – 1967) in London before opening Annely Juda Fine Art with her son, David Juda, on 16th June 1968 in a warehouse space on London’s Tottenham Mews. The first exhibition was ‘Now Open: Important Paintings of the 20thCentury and Young Artists’ and the presentation of the twentieth-century avant-garde works alongside contemporary art has carried on throughout the gallery’s history. The gallery became known for exhibiting works from Russian Constructivism, the Bauhaus and De Stijl movements, showing artists such as Kandinsky, Malevich, Mondrian, Tatlin, Gabo, Lissitzky and Rodchenko; something which was rare at the time in England. The gallery has continued to represent contemporary British and international artists alongside its historical program, along with artists’ estates. In 1990, the gallery moved to its current location at 23 Dering Street off New Bond Street in London’s Mayfair and remains under the directorship of David Juda. The gallery presents exhibitions of its represented artists along with curated group exhibitions.