Kedar Pradip Namdas
Kedar Namdas is a versatile contemporary artist and founder of ArtLab Studio. He has done his graduation from Sir J.J. School of Art, Mumbai in 2012, and Masters from The Maharaja Sayajirao University, Baroda in 2014. He was invited by the Lithuania embassy for residency. He exhibited his work in Lithuania and Germany. During that residency, he created a wall graffiti on one of the important walls of Uzupis, Lithuania which is a UNESCO site. He was selected to display his works in China Biennale, Tokyo Triennale, Lalit Kala National Exhibition, and many more. He has done more than 15 years of diligent work in the field of expression for himself and has acquired tremendous success.
He is having a specialization in Painting, Metal Sculptures, and Curation. At the same time, Kedar keeps exhibiting his new and radical works at various galleries in India and abroad. He executes his works with his team at his studio in Pune. After finding the niche in the designing field, he has started Artlab Studio in 2014 to create customized works of art. His work has its own unique identity which can seamlessly assimilate with its surrounding interiors. He is engaged in creating a process of differentiation towards the aesthetic understanding of art. He always believes in conducting extensive research and cultivate a continuous dialogue with clientele to create a conceptual design with an inclusive study of the materials intended to create the work of art.
Kedar Pradip Namdas
Artist, Abstractionist, Sculptor, Visual Artist, Painter
07th December 1988
Schooling / Education
Masters in Visual Arts, Department of Print Making, The Maharaja Sayajirao University
of Baroda - Vadodara, India
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Department of Painting, Sir J.J. School of Art, Mumbai,
- Tokyo International Mini Print Triennial, Japan, 2015
- South Central Zone Cultural Centre, Bharat Bhavan, Bhopal, 2015
- The Bombay Art Society, Jahangir Art Gallery, Mumbai, 2015
- Vadfest, Vadodara, 2015
- State Art Exhibition, Jahangir Art Gallery, Mumbai, 2015
- Beauty &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; Ugliness curated by Gitika Arora, Vadodara, 2014
- Kanoria Centre for Arts, Ahmedabad, 2013
- Art Society of India, Jahangir Art Gallery, Mumbai, 2011
- Camel Art Foundation, Nehru Centre Worli, Mumbai, 2012 - 2009
Awards And Achievement
-Prafulla Dahanukar Art Foundation, Mumbai - 1st prize ₹ 1,20,000 in Print
Making category, 2015
- The Bombay Art Society, Mumbai - in Sculpture category, 2015
- Kanoria Centre for Arts, Ahmedabad - 3rd prize in Mixed Media Category, 2013
- Sir J.J. School of Arts, Mumbai - Merit Award for Creative Painting, 2012
- Sir J.J. School of Arts, Mumbai - Best Art Work, 2011
- Sir J.J. School of Arts, Mumbai - Merit Award for Creative Painting, 2010
- Kalapushpa Art Exhibition, Maharashtra - Creative Painting, 2010
- The Camel Art Foundation, Mumbai - 1st Prize in Mixed Media Category, 2009
Participated in Field School Conducted by Dr. Matthieu Salpetuer from
Autonomous University of Barcelona, in Mindyala Village, Kutch, Gujrat. The field
School was a part of a project conducted to understand the changes in Pastoralist
Rabari community of Kutch. The intention of the field school was to introduce
students in techniques of Field Research.
- Undergone internship under Mr. Ghanshyam Gupta (M.A.Fine Arts, Printmaking,
Royal College of Art, London, 1997), in Wax Modelling. The objective was to
understand the medium and implement it into my works.
- Internship under Mr. Bhavnesh Parmar (denturist at Mahadev Dental Lab,
Vadodara) was completed in making dentures by using resin and ceramic. The
intention was to educate myself in the process of manufacturing dentures which can
be used in my work.